Larne Leisure Centre Update
Our fitness suite and Classes at Larne Leisure Centre are due to reopen Friday 11th September.
We are working towards our pools reopening in October.
Access to our Centre is strictly by bookable session only for both members and non-members.
Sessions can be booked 7 days in advance.
Sanitising Stations are available throughout the Centre, you are asked to use these when entering and leaving the Centre.
We are opening with a phased approach across all of our Leisure Centres
|Amphitheatre, Seven Towers and Larne Leisure Centre||1pm – 8pm||9am – 4pm||1pm – 8pm||9am – 4pm||1pm – 8pm||10am – 3pm||12Noon – 4pm|
Gym and Classes
Our fitness suite and classes are due to recommence Friday 11th September in Larne Leisure Centre.
Some equipment within our gym has been marked out of use to ensure safe social distancing for our members.
In order to manage those attending our Centre, in line with government guidance and to ensure social distancing, access to the fitness suite and fitness classes is by bookable session only for both members and non-members.
Fitness classes will be re-located to the sports halls in each Centre allowing adequate space for social distancing. Showering and changing facilities (including lockers) will remain closed but a designated toilet provision will be available.
Sessions in the fitness suite will last up to 45 minutes with a 15-minute turnaround time allowing for staff to clean and sanitise the equipment.
Attending the Gym
- Book a time that suits you using the MEActive App.
- Arrive on time. If you arrive early, you’ll need to queue outside and if you arrive late, you won’t be allowed access to the leisure Centre.
- Be changed into your activity clothes and shower at home, there will be no changing or showering facilities available.
- Bring your own water bottle, towel and hand sanitiser. (Water fountains will not be in use)
Staff members will aim to keep our Centre cleaned for your safe use, you can help by adopting the following:
- Use the hand sanitising stations that are placed throughout the building when entering the Centre and before using the equipment.
- Follow staff direction and any one-way signage in place for member’s safe use, where possible a one-way system has been introduced for your safety. Follow all directional signage or instruction from a member of staff.
- Wipe down machines or equipment before and after each use.
- MEActive MembershipWanting to become a member? Join up here!If you are currently a member and your membership was frozen because of Covid-19, your membership will automatically restart on September 11th with the remainder of the month being no charge in recognition of Centre’s closing in the middle of March before lockdown. The first Direct Debit payment will be taken on the 1st October. Those members who have paid an Up-front Membership will have the additional time lost through lockdown added to the remainder of their membership.
If you feel you are not ready to return to our leisure Centre’s, you can continue your membership freeze: to do this please email: MEActive@midandeastantrim.gov.uk with your name, membership number and date of birth.
Larne Leisure Centre, Amphitheatre and Seven Towers Leisure Centre will reopen Friday 11th September. First sessions start 1pm.
Our fitness suites and Classes will open 11th September
Yes, booking is essential, there will be strictly no access without prior booking.
Gym sessions are 45minutes with a 15-minute gap for cleaning and sanitising equipment. Classes are also 45 minutes long with 15-minute gap cleaning and sanitising equipment.
Book your visit with us via our online booking system
How to book!
Advance booking is essential, members and casuals are asked to register and book online. To set up registration click the link below and follow the instructions
Already a member
- Select Book Online
- Select Register
- Enter email address
- Select a password
- Agree to Terms & Conditions
- Select register
- An email confirmation will be sent to your email address, follow instructions on email to complete registration
- Select Join Now
- Enter all contact details
- Select Next Step
- Receipt of registration confirmation
- Email confirmation will be received to complete registration and set up password (please check junk/spam mail also)
If you have any problems getting registered please email MEActive@midandeastantrim.gov.uk for assistance.
COVID-19 is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a type of virus called coronavirus. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and save lives, everyone should be trying to follow social distancing measures as much as possible
Like seasonal flu, the same public health advice applies for COVID-19: if you cough or sneeze, use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose, throw it away carefully after use, and wash your hands.
The best way to prevent the spread of infections, including COVID-19, is good personal hygiene. This means washing your hands well and often, using soap and water and drying them with paper towels.
You should NOT attend the Centre If you have any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough
- a loss of or change in sense of smell or taste
You should stay at home and contact NHS 111 for further advice.